R is a free software environment for statistical computing and graphics. It compiles and runs on a wide variety of UNIX platforms, Windows and MacOS.
- First, go to the R-Project for Statistical Computing.
- Select one of the links under “Getting Started”.
- Scroll down to USA (or your current location) and select one of the links to download the mirrors.
- Under “Download and Install R”, select your operating system.
- Click on “Install R for the first time”.
- Click “Next” and customize as you wish. Defaults are automatically set.
- Click “Finish”.
Or, skip those steps and download R from Michigan Technical University – Download R 3.0.1 for Windows.